Thursday, July 23, 2009

Matthew Barney

Matthew Barney's Drawing Restraint 9 was a very interesting film to watch but at the same time really difficult to sit through. I liked the way he used barely any dialogue. It makes the viewer have to visually figure out what is going on and how the character is feeling. Although many parts were very awkward and strange to watch and try to figure out an a lot of the time I had no idea what was going on. The pace of the movie was very slow and I found it really difficult to stay focused and pay attention to the movie. At times I think the slow pace is a good way to show a dramatic change in scenery or a period of time having passed but I think many of the long slow aspects of the movie made it difficult to watch and was very frustrating. I think if you don't try to analysis the story too much it's easier to watch and accept. Even though I couldn't sit though the entire movie in one sitting what I saw was very well established and thought out. Overall it was a very odd movie but very artistic and I personally think a good representation of what Matthew Barney is capable of making.

No comments:

Post a Comment