Thursday, July 16, 2009

installation and performance artists


Elaine Miles

The installation artists I like the most have to be Eva Hesse, Jessica Stockholder and Christian Boltanski.

Eva Hesse- I think Eva made really amazing pieces of art. They look so raw and simple but at the same time can appear really complex.

Jessica Stockholder- I love the idea of going into a space and filling it with colorful objects based just on the way the room makes you feel. It's so spontaneous and strange but really cool.

Christian Boltanski- His work has a very haunting quality to it that is really captivating. I like how he uses light and old photos to bring out a mood that can make you incredibly sad or frightened sometimes even at the same time. I like the idea of using lights and simple objects to make a person feel really strongly about the space and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment